CURRENT JOB TITLE: Events Development Director
REPORT TO: President
Moffly Media seeks a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join our team as the Events Development Director. This position will:
- Strategically lead events marketing and development and client initiatives while influencing the growth of the Moffly Media brand portfolio through high impact branding efforts, dynamic events and promotions, clever public relations and exceptional client engagement.
- Oversee the successful planning and implementation of all events while keeping fiscal responsibility for the company and its goals in mind.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Serve as the lead person for the events marketing department
- Lead event business development in the field with customers and in office
- Connect with sales team through weekly meetings and provide mentoring and support.
- Collaborate with department leaders on the company’s strategic plan for events.
- Oversee in the planning, organizing, staffing, and executing of promotional events and activities through contractors and staff
- Represent Moffly at relevant networking events & signature events.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years event marketing experience
- Great understanding of digital/social marketing
- Flexibility to work on tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong follow-up skills
- High energy level
- Must display a passion and knowledge for Greenwich, CT and Fairfield County Gold Coast towns
- Relationship driven with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive and not reactive. Must think proactively at all times about client acquisition and retention, literally scouring for opportunities to acquire new event sponsors, drive loyalty and fuel engagement.
- Revenue and results driven.
- Passion for growth, technology, publishing and audience experience.
- Good judgment for design esthetics that would appeal to the Moffly audience
- Management of a workload with multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Oh—and last but not least, a passion for excellence
Benefits and Culture:
- Medical and dental benefits offered to employees, professional development, flexible work environment, holidays and personal days
- Key culture competencies include being a self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with a “we’re all in this together” attitude willing to pitch in anywhere. Team member must be dependable and efficient in his or her work and must have an innovative mindset.
Evaluations and Outcomes:
- The position will be evaluated after 90 days with quarterly progress discussions.
- Office environment with regular customer visits and event days
- May be required to lift up to thirty (30) pounds
- Must be able work some weekends and evenings throughout the year
- Flexible in working extended hours
How to apply: Jonathan Moffly at email@example.com with Events Development Director in subject line.
Application should include:
- Cover letter